A few years ago I read an article that I really enjoyed and the message has stayed with me since.
It’s from Backdoor Survival and is titled “The 10 Commandments of Survival.” (You can read the original article here .)
I appreciated the optimistic approach the author took towards prepping. Rather than facing our preparation with dread and depression, he advocates optimism and a positive attitude towards what we’re working to accomplish.
That was a message that resonated with me the first time I read it and continues to do so today. I hope you enjoy it too!
The Ten Commandments of Survival:
- Have the will to live no matter what.
- Be self-sufficient and self-reliant without wanting or needing excessive government assistance.
- Seek knowledge as a solution to problems.
- Adapt to the surroundings, wherever they may be.
- Embrace decisiveness as a core value.
- Channel fear into positive actions.
- Defend your right to freedom and the tenets of the US Constitution.
- Respect others and their right to privacy.
- Pursue love and laughter on a daily basis.
- Be authentic and real to yourself and to those around you.
If you appreciate what we do here at Prepping News, please take a moment to share this with your friends and family. Thank you!
Photo by Karsten H.68 licensed under Creative Commons 2.0.
Connect With Us!