For many of us, our pets are like members of the family. They provide companionship, protection and entertainment.
But, as important as our pets are, some don’t include them in their prepping plans. Unfortunately, the number of pets that were abandoned during Hurricane Katrina proved that most people don’t have any type of emergency plan for their pets.
Here’s our list of 7 basic items everyone should include in their pet prepping:
- Stored pet food
- Stored water – additional amount specifically for your pet
- Medicine – wormers, flea control and any prescription meds your pet may be on
- Obedience Training – obeying basic commands will be very important in an emergency situation
- Pet toys
- Pet carrier – in an emergency, you may need to pack up your pet and move quickly
- Extra collars, leashes and rope
If you appreciate what we do here at Prepping News, please take a moment to share this with your friends and family. Thank you!