“Forever” might be a bit of an exaggeration, but we’ve got a list of 15 survival foods that will last a long, long time!
Over at UrbanSurvivalSite, they put together one of our favorite long-term food storage lists. We’ve listed the first five items below, and you can check out the full list here.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar – This kitchen staple has many health benefits and will last indefinitely as long as you keep it sealed.
2. Bouillon Cubes – As long as you keep these dry, they should remain stable indefinitely. With these, you can make some delicious soup with just a few other ingredients, so get plenty of them.
3. Corn Starch – As long as it’s kept dry, corn starch can last indefinitely, so stock up. It’s not only great for cooking, but can also be used for other things like removing oil from the face and hair, soothing sunburns, and diaper rashes.
4. Corn Syrup – The most common substitute for sugar in America. You can use it for brownies, cookies or candy.
5. Ghee – This kind of butter is boiled until all the moisture is gone, which is why it never goes bad. As long as you seal it and keep it in a cool, dry location (as with every item in this list) it can last hundreds of years.
If you appreciate what we do here at Prepping News, please take a moment to share this on Facebook with your friends and family. Thank you!